The Vine Snapper is a unique piece of equipment that is used to remove the forage from sweet potato rows. It uses a set of intermeshed rubber coated rollers to grab the sweet potato vine creating pulling/snapping motion to separate the root from the potatoes. The vine then is fed into a high-speed rotor, that cuts the vines into smaller pieces and discharges them back down to the ground.
- Hitch: Cat. II-III
- PTO input: 1000 rpm
- PTO HP required: 80
- Rotor: driven by PTO gearbox/belt drive system
- Snapping rollers: Driven by hydraulic motor
- Hydraulic flow: 12GPM required
- Adjustable vine lifters
- Adjustable rear cone roller guage wheels
- Adjustable row centers from 38” to 48”
- Unit weight: 3,700 lbs.